Your New Saturday Morning Favorite
We got a waffle iron on our wedding registry last year, and it’s for sure one of our favorite gifts. Whenever we have a weekend in town, our Saturday morning routine looks a little something like this - 1. coffee 2. workout 3. waffles.
Dairy free, oil free, no added sugar
Makes: 8-10 waffles
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour (or plant-based protein powder)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups nut milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup smashed banana
- Dash sea salt
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into well-greased waffle iron and cook until slightly crispy.
- Top with honey, fruit, cacao nibs, etc.